Friday, June 12, 2009

BAD DREAMS


THE ALOHA CON


Du Bois's nightmare of an "interracial free for all", has become reality here in Hawaii.

DuBoise - When I came out of college into the world of work, I realized that it was quite possible that my plan of training a talented tenth might put in control and power a group of selfish, self indulgent, well - to - do men, whose basic interest in solving the Negro Problem was personal; personal freedom and unhampered enjoyment and use of the world, without any real care, or certainly no arousing care, as to what became of the mass of American Negroes, or of the mass of any people.

My Talented Tenth, I could see, might result in a sort of interracial free - for - all, with the devil taking the hindmost and the foremost taking anything they could lay hands on.


Your Theory
Powered By Ringsurf

No comments: